This beautiful, simple vase comes from Korea and is in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Its from the late 13th Century. It has such a simple grace to it. The glaze is called Celadon, which is usually a greenish color, but depending on its application can be from white to grey to yellow to blue to many shades of green.
Listen to my music!Listen to my heartfelt, intense and passionate piano improvisations at my website JoelGarten.com
Share this blog
- Artist Profile: Interview with Steel Pan Master and Composer Andy Akiho
- My next upcoming concert: Nov 27 2013 At Musideum, Toronto
- Tiny Tips for Starting on the Road to Health
- Joel Garten is the featured composer today on Composer’s Circle
- Artist and Composer Joel Garten announces his new painting series entitled “Permanent Crimson”
- Artist Profile: Esprit Orchestra Conductor Alex Pauk
- An Article about the music I wrote and performed during Hurricane Sandy
- Music I composed and recorded Live during Hurricane Sandy
- HD Video Interview with Vivian Reiss in her amazing artist’s garden in Toronto. 16 Foot tall corn!