Listen to my music!Listen to my heartfelt, intense and passionate piano improvisations at my website JoelGarten.com
Share this blog
- Artist Profile: Esprit Orchestra Conductor Alex Pauk
- An Article about the music I wrote and performed during Hurricane Sandy
- Music I composed and recorded Live during Hurricane Sandy
- HD Video Interview with Vivian Reiss in her amazing artist’s garden in Toronto. 16 Foot tall corn!
- My Music: video and audio files on the web
- Artist Profile: The ‘Mix Tape’ New Music Pianist Vicky Chow
- Joel Garten in Concert, October 10, 2012 at Gallery 345, Toronto
- Cathedral in Astorga, Spain
- Toronto Travel: 5 Great Summer Outings
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Here is the latest article I wrote for the Huffington Post, a profile of new music pianist Vicky Chow: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joel-garten/vicky-chow-piano_b_1937990.html By Joel Garten Pianist Vicky Chow has a buzz around her. She plays a wide variety of new music; many … Continue reading
Here is the beautiful Antwerp train station
Vivian Reiss has completed a large series of paintings of sheep in a farm outside Toronto. The works have extremely inventive compositions. Sheep stare directly out of the canvas, while other sheep stand in a the barnyard architecture with their … Continue reading
Here is a sketch for the Bonheur De Vivre by Matisse. I have previously posted the final painting. I love this sketch, beacuse it is a more abstracted version of the final painting.
Here i am wamdering around the landscaping outside the New World Center, the symphony hall designed by Frank Gehry in Miami, Florida.
A huge, unfinished painting by Bonnard.
At the Norton Museum of Art in West Palm Beach there are two very beautiful, small Diebenkorns that transfixed me.
QI is fun british quiz show featuring Stephen Fry. The questions are so difficult that they dont expect the panel to know the answers, so points are awarded based on how interesting the answers are. Points are deducted, and alarms … Continue reading
Vivian Reiss’ front yard is filled with swiss chard, so she calls is her front chard. Beautiful rainbow colors!
Tarako is a type of Japanese pasta sauce made from spicy fish roe. Its really delicious! The Kewpie company makes these fun commercials with the little kewpie-beanbag charachters. Thanks to Yurie for sending me this video.
Which is more cute? photos of me and a baby from a recent garden party.